The Best Pumpkin Recipes for Fall
Embrace the flavors of the season with the Best Pumpkin Recipes for Fall! I’m sharing some of my favorite pumpkin treats, from pumpkin cakes and cookies to pumpkin bread, and more. All easy to make and brimming with the festive flavors of warm, savory-spiced pumpkin!
Bring On The Fall Vibes with These Cozy Pumpkin Recipes
Who else has waited all year for pumpkin season? Because, same. For pumpkin lovers like yours truly, I consider fall our Superbowl.
With the most pumpkin-full time of the year rolling around soon enough, today I’m sharing my favorite treats featuring the fall season’s star ingredient.
I’m dishing some of my all-time best pumpkin recipes. From cozy pumpkin cookies to pumpkin loaves, muffins, and even a pumpkin cake or two for good measure. Get ready for your kitchen to smell like a sweet and toasty pumpkin spice dream!
What Makes These Recipes the Best?
Everyone loves a good pumpkin recipe, but what makes these ones better than good? These pumpkin baking ideas are:
- Easy. As always, it’s my mission to share the best baking recipes that any home baker can whip up when a craving hits! These pumpkin recipes are easy AND delicious.
- Full of pumpkin flavor. Warm and cozy, sweet and spicy – my pumpkin recipes don’t fall short on all the classic flavors we know and love.
- Perfect for the season. Fall means the festive season is just around the corner! I’m sharing goodies that are great for everyday baking, but also just as perfect for sharing with friends and family come the holidays.
Tips for Cooking with Pumpkin
Some added guidance when turning pumpkin into the best fall treats:
- You Can Use Canned or Homemade – Sort Of. Most pumpkin recipes will turn out just as great with fresh pumpkin puree made from scratch as they would with canned pumpkin. However, the flavor and texture of fresh pumpkin can vary, so that’s something to keep in mind when baking. Pumpkin pies, for example, usually come out the best when made with trusty, canned pumpkin.
- Speaking of Canned Pumpkin… Pumpkin puree in a can isn’t the same as canned pumpkin pie filling. If your recipe calls for canned pumpkin, make sure you’re using the right ingredient!
- Swapping Pumpkin for Eggs, Oil, or Butter: You can swap 1/4 cup pumpkin puree for one egg in most baking recipes. You can also substitute pumpkin puree tablespoon for tablespoon in place of oil/butter.
- Bake Thoroughly. Because pumpkin is so moist, it’s important to keep an eye on the baked goods while they’re in the oven, and after they come out. Make sure the centers aren’t still raw/gummy after baking.
- Pumpkin Puree Substitutes: Run out of pumpkin puree? Or maybe you forgot to add it to your shopping list, or you’re just after something different. Good alternatives to pumpkin are mashed/pureed sweet potatoes, canned yams, or butternut squash. These can be substituted 1:1 for pumpkin puree in most recipes!
14 Recipes You Have to Try
Have your pumpkin puree at the ready for these festive recipes that are perfect for fall baking!
Let’s start with a true classic: rich and tender, delicious and spiced pumpkin cookies. I’ve frosted these with a decadent melt-in-your-mouth brown sugar icing. A bite out of one of these is the definition of bliss!
A soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie with a fun fall twist. These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are loaded with rich pumpkin spice flavor, made extra moist and tender thanks to real pumpkin puree.
Perfect Pumpkin Cake with Maple Frosting
Light and fluffy pumpkin cake is layered with the flavors of fall in this easy pumpkin dessert. Filled with buttery frosting enriched with browned butter plus a touch of pure maple syrup.
Pumpkin Apple Muffins
Two autumn favorites come together in these easy pumpkin apple muffins! Soft and pillowy pumpkin muffins are filled with sweet apple chunks and cinnamon spice. This recipe instantly puts everyone in a fall mood!
These chewy pumpkin cookies are just the best, with all their buttery, spicy deliciousness and whatnot. Just TRY to resist having a second or third. Perfect for a Thanksgiving or Halloween cookie platter!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
This pumpkin dump cake might just be one of my all-time favorite fall desserts. I always come back to this moist cake recipe that’s choc full of real pumpkin flavor, prepared with a boxed yellow cake mix and a crunchy, nutty graham cracker topping.
The Best Easy Pumpkin Bread
The perfect quick bread loaf to bake this fall! You’re going to love this classic pumpkin bread recipe as much as I do, I just know it. I can’t think of many people who can resist a soft and tender slice of this pumpkin-spiced loaf.
Easy Pumpkin Blondies
Serve these easy pumpkin blondies at all your fall gatherings and watch them vanish from the plate! This blondies recipe is packed with pumpkin flavor (not to mention, melty white chocolate chips!) and is super simple to make.
These flaky and moist pumpkin scones are exactly what I’ll be having with my morning coffee all season long. Drizzled with brown sugar icing and so buttery!
Easy Pumpkin Roll
Roll up all the scrumptious flavors of pumpkin and spice into an impressive yet easy dessert. This pumpkin roll is creamy, it’s tender, and just an all-around winner.
Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
This breakfast dessert starts with a store-bought cake mix and ends with the most incredible pumpkin cinnamon roll cake. This easy cake recipe is a go-to treat for fall mornings, made from moist cake swirled with cinnamon and drizzled with glaze.
If there was ever a recipe to make you feel like a frolic through your local pumpkin patch, this is it! These pumpkin molasses cookies are so soft, sweet, and tender, and taste just like they came from a bakery.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Creamy cheesecake with tons of pumpkin flair! My pumpkin cheesecake recipe is the best for fall entertaining as it never fails to wow. The texture is divine and the flavors are a pumpkin lover’s dream come true.
PIN for later: