Juicy Turkey Burgers – Spend With Pennies
Light and juicy turkey burgers are so easy to make on the grill!
Say goodbye to boring, these turkey burgers are thick, juicy, and packed with flavor. Add your favorite toppings for a delicious burger that rivals any restaurant!
Easy to make, these burgers are a go-to for us all year long!
Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Turkey burgers are made with ground turkey, simply season and cook!
- These patties are juicy, moist, and full of flavor.
- Turkey patties have fewer calories than beef burgers and are easy to make.
- Make and freeze the patties for future dinners. No need to thaw, grill right from frozen!
- Keep them low carb by wrapping in lettuce or serve them in hamburger buns with all the fixin’s! Swipe a little butter or mayonnaise on the cut sides of the buns and toast them on the grill or under the broiler.
Ingredients in Turkey Burger Patties
Ground Turkey – We prefer lean ground turkey (85%) over of extra lean ground turkey breast since a little bit of fat adds both flavor and moisture. Adding a little bit of chopped bacon not only adds flavor but also helps keep the turkey burgers juicy. If you don’t want to use bacon, substitute about 1 ½ tablespoons of cold butter shredded with a cheese grater.
Add-Ins – Bread crumbs and eggs help to hold everything together.
Seasonings – Barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce with a bit of grated onion (or onion powder) and garlic flavor these burgers. You can add in your own favorite spices or herbs.
Toppings – Use your favorite burger toppings that up-level turkey burgers. Try robust cheeses like Havarti, Gouda, or Pepper Jack, and whip up a fancy chipotle aioli, a zesty chili sauce, or a tangy chimichurri sauce.
Don’t forget some delicious pickled jalapenos next to the lettuce and tomatoes!
How to Make Turkey Burgers
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide the turkey mixture into 4 patties, about ½-inch thick.
- Chill at least 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Preheat grill, brush patties with BBQ sauce, and grill (per recipe instructions below).
Tips for Juicy Burgers
The best turkey burger recipe is moist and flavorful! Here are some of our favorite tips.
- Use your thumb to create a small indent in the center of each raw patty, this will keep it from bulging in the center as it cooks.
- Refrigerate the turkey burgers before cooking, this makes them firmer and easier to handle.
- A grill mat is optional but perfect for prepping, chilling, and grilling the burgers on and they’ll still get grill marks! Place a rimless baking sheet under the grill mat before prepping the burgers so the whole mat can just slide onto the grill.
- Burgers can be cooked in a skillet on the stove over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes per side.
- Cook turkey burgers to an internal temperature of 165°F. Do not overcook.
- For best results, let the burgers rest about 3 minutes before serving them so the juices stay locked inside the meat while they cook.
More Barbecue Favorites
Did you make these Juicy Turkey Burgers? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Juicy Turkey Burgers
Turkey burgers have less fat, less shrinkage, and a little more density than regular burgers. They are perfect for the grill!
Gently combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Form into 4 patties, ½” thick. Using your thumb, create a small indent in the middle of the patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush patties with barbecue sauce and grill 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked through (165°F).
Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake on a parchment-lined pan for 25-30 minutes or until they reach 165°F.
Nutritional information is for the turkey burger patties only.
Leftover burgers can be wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Reheat on the grill or in the microwave and serve on fresh buns.
Calories: 225 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.