Mango Salsa Recipe (Quick And Easy)
This mango salsa recipe is easy and delicious. It makes a great topping for grilled fish or chicken. This versatile recipe can also be served with tortilla chips and guacamole to serve to guests!
This recipe was made in partnership with Imperial Sugar. Get the FULL RECIPE HERE!
Fresh Mango Salsa in 10 minutes!
This Fresh Mango Salsa recipe is one of my most favorite summer recipes. It’s an amazingly easy appetizer to serve to guests, it’s super way to jazz up your favorite grilled chicken or pork. Or it’s out of control delicious on fish tacos! Fresh ingredients and easy prep make this perfect poolside to dip with tortilla chips or for a BBQ.
Fresh Mango Salsa Ingredients:
Hop over to Imperial Sugar for the FULL and PRINTABLE RECIPE
- Ripe Mangoes
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion or shallots
- Light Brown Sugar
- Kosher salt
- Fresh lime juice
- Chopped cilantro
How To Cut A Mango:
I have 3 techniques that I prefer:
- First: Slice down the sides of the pit. The pit is a flat disk in the middle of the mango. With each half you can score the flesh in a cross pattern. Use a spoon to scoop out the mango from the skin.
- Second: Slice down the sides of the pit. The pit is a flat disk in the middle of the mango. With each half you can score the flesh in a cross pattern. Use a knife to cut the mango away from the skin. This method works best if the mango is very ripe and soft. The spoon method might produce a less “diced” appearance.
- Third: Slice down the sides of the pit. The pit is a flat disk in the middle of the mango. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of the mango and then dice on a cutting board.
Why Add Sugar?
Here’s the deal, mangos are sweet for sure, and while you don’t HAVE to add the sugar here, the little bit of brown sugar in this recipe just adds a depth of sweetness that really brings out the flavor of the mangoes. I just love
Easy Ways To Customize:
You can make so many variations with this recipe! I have my base and delicious recipe all mapped out for you over at IMPERIAL SUGAR. But you can really make this mango salsa your own. Here are a few ideas on how to get creative:
- Add avocado! Avocado would be amazing in this recipe! I just dice one up and add it right in with the rest of the ingredients. This salsa makes a great topper right on a bowl of guacamole too!
- Amp up the spice. You can add more jalapeño for sure in this recipe if you love spicy! Even a few dashes of cayenne or jalapeño powder works great too!
- Use another kind of fruit. Peaches or pineapple would be a great alternative to mangoes in this recipe.
- Add some tomatoes! If you prefer a more traditional style salsa, go ahead and add lots of diced tomatoes to this!
- If you prefer a less “chunky” salsa you can add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and lightly pulse a few times!
Mango Salsa Serving Suggestions:
I have some great ideas and ways to serve up this Mango Salsa. Here are a few:
How to Store:
Store this airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL RECIPE
PIN for later: