Brown Sugar Bourbon Little Smokies
Lil Smokies are a classic appetizer that no party or get-together should be without!
This recipe makes a thick, sweet, and savory sauce made from brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and a splash of bourbon whiskey. This sauce has a deep, rich flavor that clings to each little bite-sized sausage!
Best Brown Sugar Bourbon Little Smokies
- Little smokies (aka Lil’ smokies) are a popular appetizer at cocktail parties, barbecues, and potlucks.
- This recipe is so versatile! Make the stovetop version for a quick & easy recipe, or cook them in the slow-cooker.
- No smokies? No problem! Stir in some frozen or homemade meatballs.
- Take these perfectly portable hearty apps to a tailgating party and watch them disappear!
- Nothing is easier than an easy 5-ingredient sauce!
Ingredients and Variations
SMOKIES: Cocktail smokies are mini smoked pork ‘weenies’ that can be cooked just like regular hot dogs. This same recipe can be made with chopped beef or pork hotdogs if smokies can’t be found! Stir in pre-cooked frozen meatballs if you’d like.
SAUCE: Little smokies are delicious on their own, but taste even better when they are slow-cooked in this tangy 5 ingredient sauce. Make the sauce sweeter by adding grape jelly and brown sugar, or spicier by adding bbq sauce, sriracha, or Tabasco.
How to Cook Lil Smokies
Make ahead, warm up, and serve!
In the Crock-Pot:
- Combine all the ingredients (per recipe below) in a Crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for two hours.
- Keep Crockpot on a warm setting to serve them.
On the Stovetop:
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan per recipe below.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Keep brown sugar bourbon little smokies in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat them on the stovetop and add a little extra ketchup to refresh their flavor!
Feeding a Crowd?
Did you make these Brown Sugar Bourban Little Smokies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!